fr | en

Separated by coma

Essential mobility formalities

The International Welcome Office offers assistance to exchange students for all non academic administrative formalities. Feel free to contact us for any further information.

  • Preparing my mobility project

    Exchange students

    If you wish to organise a mobility project to study at the University of Angers, you should first check with the office of international relations at your home university for details on how to apply for an exchange programme.


    If you wish to join the University of Angers as a Freemover, you can check the procedures with Campus France (if your country is eligible) or go to the Freemover admissions page.

  • Nomination

    Exchange students only

    To study at the University of Angers as an exchange student, your home university must send us an exchange programme nomination (Erasmus+, bilateral agreements, ISEP, BCI).
    For more information about exchange student nominations and admission, go to the Admissions page for exchange students.

  • Visa and residence permit

    EU Students

    Students who have the nationality from a country within the European Union (EU) or within the European Economic Area (EEA) are exempted from this procedure.

    Students with a long stay visa

    Students who have a long-stay visa equivalent to a residence permit (VLS-TS) must have their visa validated within 3 months upon arrival in France at this address:

    You can also find all relevant information on visas (type of visa, procedures…) on the Campus France website.

    Please note that students who have a residence permit in another EU country, but who are not nationals of a EU/EEA country must also have a long-stay visa equivalent to a residence permit (VLS-TS) if they wish to stay in France for more than 3 months.

  • Learning Agreement

    ERASMUS students only

    The learning agreement is your study plan or list of courses in which you wish to enrol. It must be validated by the coordinator at your home university and the coordinator at the University of Angers. We remind you that the learning agreement must be prepared before arrival in order to register once you arrive.
    To prepare your learning agreement, go through our course database for courses taught in French and our catalogue for courses taught in English.
    To know the coordinator at the University of Angers, contact us at (echange.internationa @

  • Accommodation

    Please be aware that Angers has a large student community and finding accommodation can be difficult. Do not wait until the last minute to search for accommodation.

    Our “marentrée” website offers a complete list of housing options available to international students.

    The University of Angers does not have special housing facilities for students, but our International Welcome Office and website can help and guide you in your search.
    We also have the platform Studapart with housing ads exclusively for students at the University of Angers.

    If you are an exchange student and you wish to stay in a Crous Student Hall of Residence, please contact us at @

    Once you have found your accommodation, be sure to inform the International Welcome Office, your residence or housing landlord of your arrival date.

    If you arrive on a Sunday, please know that Sundays are legal resting days. Consequently, public transportation is limited and many shops will be closed. Anticipate by bringing the necessary meals and by checking the public transport schedules.

  • Documents to bring

    Don’t forget to bring the following documents - they will be required for your administrative formalities:

    • Picture ID
    • Your European health insurance card or your health insurance contract
    • Your vaccination card (translated into French)
    • Extra ID pictures
    • Your birth certificate,
    • An original copy of your diploma (for non-exchange students).
  • Formalities that can be handled upon arrival

    Formalities such as the ones listed below, can all be handled once students have arrived in Angers.

    • Registering at the International Welcome Office
    • Registering at the faculty
    • Enroling in courses
    • Signing up for health insurance
    • Opening a bank account
    • Getting a French telephone number
    • Applying for housing aid
    • Much more


    For a complete overview of practical information and formalities after arrival, go to our “marentrée” website.


Céline David
Céline Marie

E-mail: @

Postal address:
"La Passerelle" Belle Beille Campus
2 rue Lakanal
49045 Angers cedex 01 ( @

Make an appointment