fr | en

Separated by coma

Essential mobility formalities

The International Welcome Office offers assistance to free movers for all non academic administrative formalities. Feel free to contact us for any further information.

  • Preparing your mobility project

    If you wish to join the University of Angers as a Freemover, find more information on the Freemover admissions page or check the procedures with Campus France (if your country is eligible and has a CEF procedure).

    Campus France is a public entity in charge of student mobility. They provide all the important information regarding your mobility project: studying in France (course catalogues, financing your studies), preparing your stay (formalities), living in France (finding housing, getting medical treatment, working, everyday-life). The Campus France antenna and the cultural and scientific cooperation office (SCAC) at the French embassy in your country can help you understand the French educational system.

    All international students

    Find more information:

  • Visa and residence permit

    EU Students

    Students who have the nationality from a country within the European Union (EU) or within the European Economic Area (EEA) are exempted from this procedure.

    Students with a long stay visa

    Students who have a long-stay visa equivalent to a residence permit (VLS-TS) must have their visa validated within 3 months upon arrival in France at this address:

    You can also find all relevant information on visas (type of visa, procedures…) on the Campus France website.

    Please note that students who have a residence permit in another EU country, but who are not nationals of a EU/EEA country must also have a long-stay visa equivalent to a residence permit (VLS-TS) if they wish to stay in France for more than 3 months.

  • Budget

    In order to obtain your visa, you must prove that you have sufficient financial resources for your life in France.

    You should anticipate a minimum of €1200 for your first month in Angers and minimum of €700 for the following months (estimate based on rental fee for accommodation in a Crous student hall of residence).

    It is essential to establish a budget for your stay.

    •  University registration fees according to your course,
    • CVEC (Campus and student life contribution),
    • Accommodation,
    • Transportation,
    • Computer equipment, telephone and internet subscriptions,
    • Health expenses,
    • ...


    Find out more about the scholarships awarded by Campus France here. If you do not have a scholarship, you should think carefully about your budget.

    UA and the Crous do not provide grants to international students enrolling for the first time in an institution of higher education.

    Lighten your housing budget

    A housing allowance from the Caisse d'allocations familiales (CAF) can provide you with monthly housing aid whether you are a tenant in private accommodation or in a hall of residence.

    Please note: If you are in possession of a temporary visa that does not require a residence permit or card, you are not eligible for this assistance.

    Student job

    Depending on your status you will have the possibility to work during your studies. However, this will not enable you to cover all your expenses.
    A student job can only be a supplementary income. Remember that it is difficult to find a student job.
    To find a student job, visit the Jobaviz pages of the CROUS:

  • Accommodation

    The University of Angers does not have special housing facilities for students, but our International Welcome Office and website can help and guide you in your search.
    We also have the platform Studapart with housing ads exclusively for students at the University of Angers.

    Our Benvenue” website offers a complete list of housing options available to international students.

    Please be aware that Angers has a large student community and finding accommodation can be difficult. Do not wait until the last minute to search for accommodation.
    Rooms at the Crous student hall are limited and not all requests can be satisfied.

    If you arrive on a Sunday, please know that Sundays are legal resting days in France. Consequently, public transportation is limited and many shops will be closed. Anticipate by bringing the necessary meals and by checking the public transport schedules.

    If you are an exchange student, please contact us at @ ( @

  • Documents to bring

    Don’t forget to bring the following documents - they will be required for your administrative formalities:

    • Picture ID
    • Your European health insurance card or your health insurance contract
    • Your vaccination card (translated into French)
    • Extra ID pictures
    • Your birth certificate,
    • An original copy of your diploma (for non-exchange students).
  • Formalities that can be handled upon arrival

    Formalities such as the ones listed below, can all be handled once students have arrived in Angers.

    •  Registering at the International Welcome Office
    •  Registering at the faculty
    •  Enroling in courses
    •  Signing up for health insurance
    •  Opening a bank account
    •  Getting a French telephone number
    •  Applying for housing aid


    For a complete overview of practical information and formalities after arrival, go to our “Welcome to UA” website.

  • Covid situation

    Get the latest Covid information


E-mail: bienvenue @

Postal address:
"La Passerelle"
Belle Beille Campus
2 rue Lakanal
49045 Angers cedex 01 (bienvenue @