The University structures its research around 5 centres
- health sciences
- plant sciences
- materials science
- mathematics and sciences and information technology
- humanities and social sciences,
- law, economics and management.
The university has created a strong fundamental research programme responding to the demands of our region and yet open to innovation and international cooperation.
Fields of competitive excellence
The University plays an active role in the Loire Valley Region’s officially-accredited fields of competitive excellence: Pôle Vegepolys (plant sciences) |Pôle Atlanpôle Biothérapies (medicine and pharmacy) |Pôle enfant (childoriented research).
Rising to meet our ambitions
Several projects will help the university to give structure to its research over the next few years.
- The first project is the IBS (PBH-IRIS), a single-site centre for research groups in Medicine and Health Sciences, which is available to groups based at the CHU Hospital of Angers, as well as those based at the University.
- The second will concern the field of plant sciences, as the University of Angers, INRA and the National Horticulture Institute, build the Institute of Plant Sciences, which will provide a location for research groups, a meeting place for students and researchers, and the equipment specifi c to this fi eld, such as hothouses and tunnel greenhouses.