School for Engineers in Sciences and Technology - University of Angers
15 years of experience
The “Institut des Sciences et Techniques de l’Ingénieur d’Angers” – ISTIA - was created in 1991. First, a department of the University, today the ISTIA is an Engineering School of the University of Angers authorized by the French National Commission of Engineering Schools.
Originally, ISTIA was composed of 3 Science & Technology Master - MST – programs, then it was transformed into an IUP (Industrial Systems Professional School) to which 7 different 5th year degrees were added. In compliance with the Bachelor-Master-Doctorate European program , ISTIA switched to an Industrial technology Bachelor program and 2 Master programs – Industrial Systems Engineering and Industrial Innovation.
The Engineering School has high-level professional experience and can rely on a network of over 3,000 graduates throughout France, Europe and worldwide.
- 1993 - Creation of the ISTIA
- 3 Master programs :
- Quality Management and Process Control
- Scientific Innovation,
- Methods and Means for Automation
- 2 Post Master programs
- Dependability and Reliability of Products and Services decided to make one
- 3 Master programs :
- 2006 - Accreditation of the ISTIA as an Engineering School
Admissions & Programs
Control systems and IT
- The Automation and IT program aims at giving a double professional skill. The study of various subjects will allow the student to master the computer tools as well as those necessary for designing and implementing automated systems.
- The main focus is on software development, industrial automation, LAN, industrial supervision, real-time and embarked systems, robotics and virtual reality …
- The graduate student has gained a working knowledge thanks to the alternation of academic courses and hands-on work –projects, work placements.
Quality management engineering
The ISTIA engineer in Quality Management, Dependablity and Reliability has theoretical knowledge and technical skills which he can efficiently apply to a wide range of industrial processes – physical systems, management, information technology, and services -
He is familiar with teamwork and multidisciplinary projects.
Our program develops the global approach to the process by taking into account all the related aspects: technical, economic, strategic, human, environmental …
The autonomy acquired during the program (group work, projects and training periods) allows the graduates to carry out the following missions:
- conducting company projects,
- implementing a quality system,
- piloting industrial activities,
- controlling and optimizing the quality of products,
- mastering the reliability of products under development,
- managing quality, the environment and safety
Teaching resources and equipment
Within ISTIA premises, the students have a free access to 300 computers connected to the internet.
The ISTIA has a Wifi network allowing students to use their own laptops anywhere in the school.
Each student has an email address administered by the university IT staff as well as a personal web site hosted by the ISTIA student server.
Among the 17 computer rooms, two have multimedia equipment allowing a teacher to control the student stations: The students have access to a number of software packages ranging from language courses to all the specific subjects of our programs; Most of the teaching staff have their courses available on the network.
Open from 9 am to to 6.30 pm
The Resource center has not been intended for students only but also for companies to meet their expectations:
- it is an intermediary between INPI -The National Institute patents- and professionals seeking advice
- it has a benchmark role in association with the “CRITT-Productique Pays de la Loire“